Client – Canadian FP 500 Company
- Complicated portfolio of communication services for over 4,000 employees.
- Numerous locations, Canadian, U.S., International.
- 1,000’s of pages of invoices from multiple vendors, needing monthly review.
- Client required to work with restricted list of telecom vendors.
- Staff engaged in high priority projects as well as bill reduction and cost management.
- Growth and acquisitions required many hard to track moves, changes and cancellations.
- Complex invoices prevented visibility resulting in billing errors.
- Vendor allowed contracts to auto-renew at legacy rates with no client notification.
- Client wanted to gain dedicated access to best-in-class pricing and expert market insight.
- Company-wide audit of services and contracts by PBC Communications.
- Every service reviewed and reconciled with contract to ensure correct pricing and status.
- PBC negotiated new contracts and pricing.
- $865,000 Reduction annual MRC.
- 50% Operational cost savings.
- $200,000 billing errors identified and recovered by PBC.
- Condensed 1,000’s of invoice pages to under 100 (95% less pages to review).
- Productivity increased as bill review time slashed by 100’s of hours.
- Monthly monitoring/management for correct pricing to identify additional cost savings.
- $75,000 Invalid Ghost MRC identified and eliminated.
- $185,000 annual decrease of LD costs.
- $70,000 SIP projected cost reduction.
- $32,000 yearly reduction in local Internet costs.
- $500,000 IPVPN projected cost reduction of over per year.
- Additional Voice Services projected to drop by $240,000 per year.
- DIA Fibre costs projected reduction of $83,000 per year.
Client – Global Leader in Enterprise Payment Systems
- Client’s customer base was international.
- Client’s toll free and LD services were key to their business.
- Keeping their system running smoothly was imperative.
- Client had good rates for long distance/toll free but were spending too much time on toll free reporting and calculating.
- IT Director said they were quite confident they had the best rates available.
- CFO felt there was a need to find a time saving solution and was looking for cost reduction.
- Current annual LD spend = $301,640k.
Solution & Results
- PBC negotiated 36% reduction in Long Distance and Toll-Free MRC.
- PBC implemented monthly diagnostics which increased productivity by significantly reducing IT hours spent analyzing charges.
- Negotiated calls below 6 seconds free and 6 second incremental billing.
- PBC facilitated Customer Service upgrade from 1 representative to a full team.
- PBC’s toll free reporting enabled IT Team to free up time to focus on other needed projects.
- Transition to new provider was smooth, client happy with new provider.
- LD spend reduced by over $110k annually.
- 40% reduction overall telecom MRC = over $369k in savings per annum.